Thursday, 6 March 2014

Latest In Beauty: The Glamour Beauty Edit - Review

After a great experience with Glossybox I thought I would also try the other beauty boxes out there. Last week I received the Latest In Beauty (LIB) Glamour Beauty Edit box, stuffed full of lovely products I had never tried (or even heard of for some) before. Unlike Glossybox, LIB tell you what the box contains before you order, so while you may miss out on the element of surprise, you can be sure the products are suitable for you.



Price: £14.95 + £3.95
Worth: £52
Delivery time: 3-5 days
Number of products: 7


Now, for the fun part...

L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara - Black


RRP: £8.99 from Boots

I am always on the look out for a good mascara. I like this one, the conical shaped brush separates and evenly coats each lash with no clumping. However, I don't feel the results live up to the "mega volume" promised. The stem of the brush is very flexible, some people might like this but I just find it annoying when the head is bending when I try to apply my mascara. I would rate this  6/10.


Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm


RRP: £3.69 from Burt's Bees

Lip balm is the one item I am guaranteed to always have in my handbag or coat pocket. I have used this brand before, but I love it so I was pleased to receive another of their lip balms. This is a nourishing lip balm which leaves you with lusciously soft, smooth lips, which is a pretty great feeling! Burt's Bees promise to condition and soften your lips, and that is exactly what they do. Even during the harsh conditions of winter this lip balm has kept my lips in tip-top condition and I found I needed to re-apply much less than I do with other lip balms.

I especially like the fact Burt's Bees use natural ingredients in their products because they feel gentler than harsh artificial chemicals. This balm contains beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower oil and peppermint oil which leaves your lips with a pleasant tingly feeling.

Cheeky Chat Me Up Nail Paint - Tongue & Cheek


RRP: £7.00 from Superdrug

Nail paint is my weakness! I have 50+ bottles in every colour of the rainbow, not to mention a myriad of glitters, confettis, shatters and other special effects, but I just cannot resist buying more.

I had never tried the Cheeky brand before and I can honestly say I have been missing out. This is a wonderful nail paint! This colour was fully opaque in just one coat, streak free and has a gorgeous shine. The brush is wide, which means the whole nail can be covered in just two strokes, which helps to keep the paint smooth.

Daniel Sandler Long Lasting Waterproof Eyeliner - Aqua Velvet


RRP: £9.25 from Daniel Sandler

I normally stick to black eyeliner most days, but this receiving this eyeliner has reminded me to be a little bit more creative and occasionally introduce coloured eyeliners into my daily makeup. This is a light, bright turquoise which looks especially great when used to line blue eyes. When I wore this I received several compliments about how it made my eyes "pop". This has to be one of the softest eyeliner pencils I have ever used, which means it goes on like a dream and is easily smudged and blended shortly after application, before drying and becoming somewhat invincible. This eyeliner has great staying power and is one of the best waterproof eyeliner pencils I have tried.




Percy & Reed Abundantly Bouncy Volumising Hair Mousse


RRP: £12 from ASOS

I haven't used hair mousse in a long time because I hate products that make my hair feel sticky and stiff so I was skeptical about this product. However, when I opened the lid, the mousse smelt beautiful so I couldn't resist trying it out. I applied the mousse to the roots of my hair using a wide toothed comb and I was pleasantly surprised. The mousse had a light creamy texture which gave my hair tonnes of volume and best of all, did not feel sticky at all. I look forward to creating some voluminous hairstyles with this!

Rituals Zensation Organic Rice Milk & Cherry Blossom Foaming Shower Gel


RRP:  £7.65 from John Lewis

Another amazing smelling product! As soon as the shower gel comes into contact with water it transforms into a huge amount of thick, luscious foam which left my skin with a sweet, floral scent and feeling as soft as silk. This is a luxurious product which is perfect for pampering yourself. 


Invisibobble


RRP: £3.75 from Boots

I was intrigued by these strange little things that look like telephone cord. I was skeptical at first that they could live up to all the claims made by the inventors, but they did, every last one. I received the "festive" box which contained three invisibobbles, two a blonde-gold colour and one sparkly red, however they come in a range of colours including black, brown, clear and bright colours such as pink, green and blue. From the picture on the website I expected to receive the clear version and  I was slightly disappointed when I didn't because I thought the clear version would be less visible in my hair, but it turns out the gold colour was a great match for my hair, so it turned out for the best in the end.

I wish these had been invented years ago. I have long hair so when I put it up in a ponytail after an hour or so the weight of my hair pulls against my scalp which is uncomfortable and can cause headaches, but the unique design of the invisibobble gently holds the hair in place without placing strain on the scalp. The big selling point of the invisibobble is the fact it leaves no kink in your hair, this is useful if you only want to tie your hair up for a short time such as when you're at the gym. The shape is much kinder to your hair than ordinary elastic bobbles; there is no metal to snag hair, it places no pressure on the hair and it is easy to remove. Overall, a great little invention that I will use a lot! 

Have you received the Glamour Beauty Edit? Which is your favourite product?