Friday, 28 March 2014

Review: March Glossybox "Beauty Blossom" Box

I am quickly becoming addicted to beauty boxes, I love getting to try so many different brands each month. March's theme is Beauty Blossom  as the weather is getting warmer and the thick winter jumpers are being replaced with summery dresses and skirts. This was a nicely mixed box containing one haircare product, two makeup products, one body care product and one fragrance. The Dove hair treatment and Bellapierre shimmer powder are the stand out products for me while I was less impressed by the perfume samples.




The magazine is a nice little addition to the box which makes Glossybox stand out from the competition. The ponytail tutorial looks great.

Mitchell and Peach Body Cream


40ml worth £8
 Costs £36 for 180ml from Mitchell and Peach

This body cream feels like an indulgent and luxurious product. The first thing I noticed about this cream is the texture, it is so light and absorbs easily and doesn't leave your skin feeling sticky at all. This cream contains lavender oil which gives it a luscious lavender scent. Other ingredients include honey, cocoa butter and vitamin C, which are known for their moisturising properties. I enjoyed using this sample, but I wouldn't pay £36 for the full product.


Sleek MakeUp Pout Polish - Chocolate Kiss


£4.49 from Superdrug



I have seen lots of reviews by people who were really pleased with Sleek lip tint, but I was just not that impressed which I think is mainly due to the colour I received. Chocolate Kiss is a sheer lip balm with a hint of brown and while it gives a lovely shine, I don't like the colour. However, if applied over another lipstick it does provide a glossy finish. The shades Cadillac and Frosting are rather tempting so perhaps Sleek will win me over after all...


Bellapierre Shimmer Powder - Diligence


£12.99 from Bellapierre

First of all, I can't help but be a teeny bit jealous of the people who received this in Wow, a pale pink colour which looks so pretty! Nevertheless, I am still pleased with my sample, the bronzey coloured Diligence.

I love anything that glitters or glimmer so I know I will use this shimmer powder for so many different looks. This stays put on the eyelid all day if you use a primer first. Bellapierre claim these are crease-free on their own but I haven't yet tested this as I always use primer. There are sooo many shades available to choose from and they are 100% hypoallergenic so even people with sensitive skin and eyes can enjoy using them. This shimmer is very pigmented so gives a long lasting vibrant colour. Overall, Bellapierre shimmer powder is pretty fabulous!


Dove Intensive Repair 60Second Treatment Shot


£1.49 per shot from Asda

My wish came true - a conditioning treatment that makes my hair noticeably smoother, softer and shinier! This product is applied to wet hair whilst you're in bath or shower, then you leave it to work its magic for a minute before rinsing out. Dove may not be considered a luxury brand by most people, but I am pleased to receive this product because it really did work wonders on my hair which was looking a little dry after recently being dyed blonde.

Juicy Couture - Malibu


I don't really enjoy receiving perfume samples because you can usually get these for free from department stores anyway. One scent is fruity and one is floral. I am not keen on either because I prefer delicate, subtle scents, this one feels like it would give me a headache if I wore it all day.

Overall, a nice box with a value of £26.97 (I'm not including the perfume samples in this because they are usually free anyway). I would have been happier with different colours, and I have seen some people receive a Helenere serum rather than the perfume samples, but I suppose there is an element of luck to beauty boxes.

What did you think of the March Glossybox?