Sunday, 30 March 2014

NOTD: Polka Dot

I recently bought Maybelline Colour Show Polka Dots - Rainforest Canopy and it looked so pretty in the bottle that I had to try it out straightaway!






This polish is a sheer bluey-green base with various sizes circular and hexagonal black and white confetti suspended within. I used three coats because the polish is so sheer, but this meant the speckles ended up overlapping one another and looking crowded. Next time I will layer this over a green polish for a stronger colour.

For my thumb and ring finger I used Cheeky Chat Me Up - Tongue & Cheek, a beautiful coral colour that I reviewed here which is a complete contrast to the green of Rainforest Canopy.  I then used a top coat to apply black gems in a vertical line to add a bit of interest.

What do you think of Maybelline Colour Show Polka Dots?



1 comment:

I love to read your comments, so please say hi! :)
Feel free to leave your own link, I like finding out about new blogs. ♥ xx