Thursday, 17 April 2014

Review: April Glossybox "Sweet Treats" Box

As it is Easter this month, this box's theme is "Sweet Treats". And lovely little treats they are indeed...





TRESemme Instant Refresh Cleansing Dry Shampoo


Price: £2.35 for 200ml from Superdrug

After avoiding dry shampoo for a long time, I recently tried the Batiste Dry Shampoo Light and Blonde which worked fantastically and changed my opinion of dry shampoos. I am looking forward to trying a different brand to see how they compare. I am going on holiday tomorrow and this is a great size to travel with so the timing was perfect. This dry shampoo also promises amazing volume as well as clean hair, so it will be interesting to see if it lives up to this claim.

MONU Spa Warming Ginger Massage and Body Oil

Price: £26.00 for 100ml from Monu

This has a delicious warm, spicy ginger scent which is very relaxing and comforting, but I can't help but think this would be more suited to a winter box. The oil contains calendula, jojoba and vitamins A & E to restore elasticity and suppleness to your skin. I look forward to relaxing and pampering myself with this.

MeMeMe Cosmetics Beat The Blues - Pearl Pink

£5.50 (full size) from MeMeMe

This is a great product to start using now to brighten up your skin now that the sun is making an appearance. I tried this out straightaway because I have never bought a highlighter before. I love the subtle, pretty glow this gives my skin, it definitely gives a radiant effect.

SunSense UK Daily Face SPF 50+

£20.99 for 75g from Crawford Health

As far as I'm concerned, protecting your skin from sun damage is one of the best ways of keeping it healthy and looking good, so sun cream is an absolute must. Even on days that seem overcast and not too sunny, your skin is still exposed to harmful UV radiation so it makes sense to add sun protection to your daily routine. I'm looking forward to seeing what the tint finish of this product looks like.

Emite Make-Up Lip Brush


£17 from Emite Makeup

I must admit, often I am too lazy to use a brush to apply lipstick and just stick to lipsticks I know will look good anyway. However, this has a nice angled shape which allowed me to apply my lipstick much more precisely and evenly. The fibres are synthetic which means they are easy to clean. 


Have you tried any of these products?