Saturday, 19 April 2014

Review: April Love Me Beauty

It is safe to say, I am now well and truly addicted to beauty subscription boxes. Love Me Beauty is a particular favourite of mine due to the selections of menus available to choose from. This month's box contains a nice mix of great products.


Betty Hula Secret Wonder Oil Roller Ball


Full size (10ml) £6.25 from Betty Hula

I love products that have multiple uses, like this oil which can be used all over the body. This is suitable for all skin types and can be used to hydrate dry skin, sooth sore skin, sooth sunburn and minimise the appearance of scars and stretch marks. Plus, it smells great! I like the rollerball applicator which can be used to massage the oil into your skin, boosting circulation.

Model's Own Nail Art Pen in Pastel Pink


Full size £6 from Superdrug

I am a big fan of nail art and anything that make creating patterns easier is a winner in my eyes. This is very easy to use; there is a fine pen nib which is suitable for precise details and small dots as well as a thin brush for creating lines. The consistency of the formula is a bit runny so you need to be careful to avoid the polish smudging or bleeding.

Neal & Wolf Glow Super Shine Spray 

Full size (100ml) £12.50 from Neal & Wolf

This claims to be a lightweight spray that gives a deep shine to your hair, and as an added bonus also control static and frizz. Instead of the radiant glow promised, my hair just ended up looking slightly greasy and stringy so I wasn't impressed, which is a shame because this was the product I was most excited about. I will try this out again and see if I can make it work with my hair.

Redken Colour Extend Conditioner

25ml sample size. Worth 99p. Full size 250ml £9.99 

Since dying my hair blonde I have found the ends to be drier and more prone to splitting, so hopefully this conditioner will live up to its claims of protecting the hair cuticle for a smooth finish. 

Weleda Stretch Mark Massage Oil


After trying the Weleda skin food I have very high expectations for all of their products! This is made with sweet almond oil and has added vitamins to smooth your skin.

Hello Fresh £25 Gift Card


After receiving this gift card I went straight to the HelloFresh website and was instantly won over. Hello Fresh plan delicious meals then send you the exact ingredients and instructions you need to cook the meal at home. Best of all, the meals are healthy and can be cooked in under half an hour. As soon as I return from my holiday I will be ordering the vegetarian box.

Did you receive the Love Me Beauty box this month? What did you think?