Thursday, 10 April 2014

Fairytale Tag

Hello beautiful princesses and charming princes,

I saw this tag on Lipstick Daisies and thought it was one of the cutest tags I've seen. I have been a huge fan of fairy tales for as long as I can remember, my Mum had big books of hundreds of traditional fairytales that she read when she was young and later read to me. Since then I've probably read those stories hundreds of times, so even though I've already done a couple of "about me" style tags I couldn't resist this one. If you do the tag too, be sure to post the link in the comments below!




Snow White: Do you consider yourself beautiful?
I could do the usual and say no, but if I really didn't think there was a least a tiny little bit of beauty in me I wouldn't be happy to put photos of myself on here for potentially anyone to see. In an ideal world, everyone would look in the mirror and see that they are beautiful, but we judge each other and ourselves on every little detail and strive for perfection. I think I'm ok. I'm not stunning like some girls are but I'm also comfortable being in public without makeup on. I'm human so I have plenty of flaws, I just try to emphasise the features I like best, which are my eyes and my hair. If someone compliments me that definitely makes me feel beautiful. And since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there hopefully is someone out there who would consider me to be beautiful and make me feel beautiful (now, where can I find him? ;) ).

Sleeping Beauty: How many hours do you sleep at night?
7-9. Any less and I will be grumpy and tired all day. I always find waking up in the mornings hard, but even more so if I have a long, boring day of work ahead of me. If I don't set an alarm I can easily sleep for more than 12 hours, so maybe that means I am just naturally quite a lazy person?

Cinderella: Do you have a curfew?
Nope. Lucky meeeee.

Rapunzel: Do you love being outside?
As long as it is not raining I'm happy to be outside. I'm quite conscious of  avoiding sunburn and damaging my skin so if there is any hint of sun in the sky I am usually covered in suncream and hiding under a big floppy hat or sitting in the shade.

Red Riding Hood: Do you trust strangers easily?
Yes. I'm quite an open person, within minutes of meeting someone they will probably know more about me than they ever needed to. I trust most people unless they have a bad reputation or until they make me lose trust in them.

Beauty and the Beast: What makes someone beautiful in your eyes?
Being kind and thoughtful towards others and a optimistic attitude.

The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids: Are you easily fooled?
I've been told I can be quite innocent and naive, combined with being trusting of others this probably means I'm easily fooled. Although, I'm not often fooled by the same thing twice.

The Little Mermaid: What would you sacrifice for love?
I would hope that the person I loved and who truly loved me back wouldn't put me in a position that required sacrifice in the first place.

The Frog Prince: What do you find disgusting?
Prejudice and discrimination. When I hear people insulting others or treating them unfairly because they have different views to their own it makes me so angry and upset.

Jack and the Beanstalk: Do you have any plants?
Yes! A window box with a wild flower mix including poppies and cornflowers. I also grow tomatoes, strawberries, courgettes, mushrooms and we have an apple tree too.

Puss in Boots: Do you have any pets?
An adorable Shih Tzu called Honey, an evil rabbit named Smokey and a pond full of koi carp.

Bluebeard: What is your weak point?
Confidence around other people. If I'm with a large group of people I don't know and I don't feel comfortable around my mind just goes completely blank and can't think of anything to say.

Pinocchio: What is your biggest wish?
For me, my family and my friends to have long, happy lives.

Peter Pan: What is your mental age?
It jumps between 5 and 50 several times a day. I giggle uncontrollably just because a word sounds funny and can happily play with Lego for hours on end, but I also like to snuggle up in bed and read a nice book and drink tea.

The Star Money: What is your most valuable possession?
I have a "memory box" which is full of all sorts of random mementos and photos from my life, I would be gutted if that was damaged because it makes me smile everytime I look through it.

Gold Mary and Pitch Mary: Are you a hard worker or a lazy one?
Both. I tend to put work off until the last possible moment, but when I do start working I will aim for perfection.

The Snow Queen: Who is your best friend? What would you do for them?
I have a few best friends from different stage of my life; primary school, sixth form, university and I could not choose between them. I would do anything they asked me to do and anything that would make them happy.

The Princess and the Pea: Are you sensitive?
I think I am sensitive towards other people. I want to be a clinical psychologist and work with people who are vulnerable and need help, so hopefully other people view me as sensitive too.

Godfather Death: What qualities make a good parent?
Being selfless, loving, hardworking, supportive and imaginative.

The Twelve Dancing Princesses: Do you like parties?
Yes, as long as I know at least a few people there.

The Emperor's new clothes: Do you care a lot about your clothing?
Yes, I like to wear nice looking clothes that make me feel good.

The Brave Little Tailor: Do you consider yourself brave?
Not really. I would happily do things like bungee jumping or parachuting but I don't think that makes a person brave because these types of activities are usually made to be as safe as possible. I think real bravery involves being completely selfless and I'm not sure if I know how to be that, yet. Plus, I still get afraid of the dark, so that's not very brave.