Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Makeup Haul: Bourjois Eyeshadows, L'Oreal Eyeliner & Lipstick

I have been buying so much makeup and nail polish recently, so expect to see lots of haul posts. I am addicted to CosmeticFairy.co.uk - the makeup available is so much cheaper than usual that it is very hard not to just nuy everythin!

My latest haul consists of:
  • L'Oreal High Intensity Pigment Colour Truth Cream Eyeliner - Midnight Blue
  • L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick - Unending Kiss 
  • Collection 2000 Volume Sensation Lipstick - Peachy Keen
  • 5x Bourjois Dose de Nacres eyeshadows 



L'Oreal High Intensity Pigment Colour Truth Cream Eyeliner - Midnight Blue


£3.99 

My favourite gel eyeliner is L'Oreal Pro Intenza, so when I saw another line of L'Oreal eyeliners I had to try one. I chose Midnight Blue, which is the perfect name for this colour because the eyeliner is a deep, dark blue - the exact colour of the nighttime sky. I am pleased to report that for a second time I am very impressed with L'Oreal. This is one of the nicest eyeliners I have used. Firstly, the colour is brilliant, vibrant and highly pigmented (promised by the name). 


 The formula is lovely and creamy which makes this easy to apply. My only complaint with this product is that the brush provided is just too hard and stiff for such a creamy product, so I recommend using a softer angled eyeliner brush instead. You only need to use a small amount to create a dramatic effect so the pot will last a long time, and since it cost less than £4 I think it is brilliant value.


L'Oreal Infallible Lipstick - Unending Kiss 


£0.99

I like the packaging of this lipstick, it looks more expensive than it is. Normally I try lipstick samples when I am in a shop before buying, but from the photo I thought this would be a safe shade to buy without trying as is quite subtle and not outrageous at all. I wasn't overly impressed with this lipstick; the colour was pleasant enough but it highlighted every line on my lips and looked like a cheap lipstick. It claims to be moisturising, and admittedly my lips did feels soft, but nothing changed the fact that they just did not look nice.

Peachy Keen (left) and Unending Kiss (right)

Collection 2000 Volume Sensation Lipstick - Peachy Keen

£0.85

I decided to try this because I have had good experiences with Collection 2000 nail polishes and glitter eyeliners and at only 85p I wouldn't be too bothered if I didn't like it. The colour is a shimmery pale peach. Applied too thickly this looks odd, but a thin layer adds a nice colour and a bit of shimmer, so I will keep this lipstick.

Bourjois Dose de Nacres eyeshadows

£2.50 for 5 on eBay

These are some of the brightest and most colourful shimmer powders I own. I didn't get to choose the colours but I was lucky to receive a variety of very different colours. I will use all of them except for the dark pink/red (number 13) as this would probably just make my eyelids look like they were sore! I received the colours numbers 13, 11, 2, 15 and 6.

Left to right: 13, 11, 2, 15 & 6
These are very pigmented and provide strong colour, although you should use a primer first to keep the powder in place all day. I did find these smudged a little throughout the day but the colour did remain strong. The dark bronzey green (15) is my favourite as it has a metallic effect and makes a great smokey eye.

What have you bought recently?