Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Review: You Beauty Discovery - Benefit Limited Edition Box

You Beauty Discovery are currently offering a Benefit themed beauty box containing trial sizes of essential Benefit products. I have only tried a couple of Benefit products and I have loved them, so naturally I ordered this box straightaway.


For £14.95 I received They're Real Mascara, POREfessional primer, BeneTint, It's Potent Eye Cream, Triple Performing Facial Emulsion and a sachet of their new Big Easy BB cream.

First impressions: Benefit is a really fun brand and this is very evident in the design of the packaging and the product names.

They're Real Mascara

£19.50 for full size from Boots

This has been my favourite mascara since I received a free sample at my university's Fresher's Fair. I was won over from the very first time I tried it. The colour is a perfect, intense black. The wand is easy to use and has bristles on the tip which allow you to touch up individual lashes, ensuring perfect coverage for each lash. Also, this mascara has never smudged or transferred during the day, something which sets it apart from many of the mascaras I have tried in the past. If I have to use a different mascara now I am also left disappointed because none compare to this. I just wish it was a little cheaper!

It's Potent! Eye Cream

£25.50 for full size from Boots

I have been noticing dark circles quite often under my eyes lately and I'm not really sure why they have suddenly appeared but I am hoping that this cream will soothe my poor skin and fade the dark circles. I've only tried this once so far and I did feel as though under my eyes looked a little brighter and smoother. The texture is beautiful - very light, silky, easily absorbed and a little bit goes a long way. I'm hoping that after a few more uses I will see a more noticeable fading of the dark circles.

BeneTint

£24.50 for full size from Boots

Benetint was the first product developed by the Ford sisters (the founders of Benefit Cosmetics) back in 1976, and it is easy to see why this product is still popular today. I love products that be used in several ways because it feels like I'm getting much better value, Benetint definitely fits into this category as it can be used either as a blush for your cheeks or a stain for your lips. I don't often wear blusher because I tend to naturally blush at anything and everything so the extra colour is usually not needed! However, one layer of this gives a very delicate, natural looking blush which I really like. I love this product as lip tint. It creates luscious, rosy "just-bitten" lips in seconds and looks good for hours. And if the colour does start to fade, the bottle is small enough to carry in your handbag and thanks to the nail polish style brush application takes seconds. Also, I have to mention the lovely scent; a sweet, floral delicate rose which reminds me of Turkish delight,

The POREfessional

£24.50 for full size from Boots

The Porefessional has been hailed as a miracle product by hundreds of bloggers and for that reason it has been at the top of my wish list for a while. Sometimes I try products that everyone else seems to love but find they just don't work for me. Happily, this was not one of those times! 

The Porefessional primer can be used either before or after applying makeup and is designed to minimise pores and smooth fine lines. This primer definitely evens out my skintone and reduces the appearance of my pores, especially on my nose.It also makes my skin feel so soft, like silk and my foundation blends much easier. Without a doubt I will be rebuying!

Triple Performing Facial Emulsion


£21.50 for full size from Boots

I love that this contains SPF15 because protecting your skin from UVA and UVB from the sun is really important and one of the most effective ways of keeping your skin looking young and healthy. The lotion itself is very lightweight so doesn't feel heavy on the skin and absorbs within a few minutes. The scent, which I personally like, is sweet and quite strong, but may not be to everyone's tastes.

What's your favourite Benefit product?