Thursday, 15 May 2014

NOTD: Green Reptilian

I'm halfway through my 2nd year uni exams, so I've been busy revising almost solidly from the moment I wake up in the morning until I go to bed, even taking flashcards to work with me. I was feeling pretty stressed out, so I decided to take an hours break and do something relaxing, and here's the result!

The green shatter pattern I've used here reminds me of a lizard's skin, then I added a touch of chunky green glitter which also has a scale-like appearance.



Thumb: Makeup Revolution - Emerald Eyes. (Can't believe how nice the colour is when it only cost £1!) Then I applied a water transfer in a silver feather pattern (ebay).
Index, Middle & Pinky: 2 coats of the lovely metallic Ciate - Fit For A Queen topped with a thick layer of OPI - Shatter The Scales.
Ring: Again, 2 coats of Ciate - Fit For A Queen then I dipped a fine paintbrush in clear polish, then into a pot of chunky, green hexagonal glitter and applied in a diagonal line across my nail.

I was really impressed with the OPI shatter, it created a great pattern and didn't chip at all during the week I wore it.

What's on your nails today?