Saturday, 24 May 2014

NOTD: Inspired by Jessie J "Ice Queen"

I had another exam today, and painting my nails the night before an exam has become a bit of a ritual for me these last few weeks, so that means it's time for another NOTD post! 



I had terrible lighting when I was trying to take these photos, so apologies, but hopefully you get the general idea of what I was going for.


I saw a photo of the fabulous Jessie J's nails which inspired me to create my own sparkly icy look. You can see her nails here.

  • First, I used 2 coats of Barry M Silk in Pearl on each nail. (See my review of this satin-effect polish here)
  • Thumb: I dipped a fine paintbrush into a clear nail varnish then into a pot of silver microglitter and painted across my nail in a diagonal triangle shape.
  • Index finger - coat of Seche Vite then quickly dipped into pot of white confetti glitter.
  • Middle finger -  same as index finger, but with the silver microglitter instead for a super sparkly touch.
  • Ring finger - My favourite nail! I used Seche Vite then painstakingly applied a range of different sized and coloured gems. I like the contrast between the white pearl gems and the black rhinestones.
  • Little finger - Used the same paint brush with silver glitter to draw a line across my nail, then covered the tip in the white confetti glitter.
As you can see in the photos, the confetti glitter didn't stay flat against the nail which caused that nail to chip, so maybe next time I'll use a different type of glitter, or more layers of top coat to seal it all in.

What do you think? Who is your favourite for nail inspiration?