Sunday, 15 June 2014

NOTD: Bright Flowers!

Now summer has arrived, it's time to break out the bright, cheerful summer colours! One of my favourite summery shades to wear on my nails is coral, and after receiving the beautiful Soigne - Persimmon in last month's Birchbox (review here) I had to try it out.





If I need a little bit of inspiration when I'm painting my nails, one of my favourites places to look is my wardrobe because clothes contains so many different colours and patterns.

On the day I painted these nails I was wearing this dress from New Look. As you can see, I have taken inspiration from the bright colours, using orange, yellow, pink and blue in my design.



The easiest way to create a flower design is to use a handy little dotting tool, these are used to make perfectly round dots.

For the accent nail, I used different coloured gemstones arranged in a flower pattern, this actually didn't take too long to do and I really like the effect it gave.

What's on your nails today? Where do you find nail art inspiration?