Wednesday, 25 June 2014

NOTD: Neon Geometric

I love the clean, crisp lines striping tape can achieve, I just dislike how long it takes! But today I had lots of time to just relax and play around, and here is the result:




I like the combination of bright colours against a black background because it makes each colour look vibrant. There's a few smudges where I applied too much paint and it ran over the lines into the next section, but overall I'm happy with how they turned out. And I got compliments from so many strangers whilst I was at work, so I shall count these as a success. :)

If you want to create a similar look with striping tape, here are a few things to remember:


  • Make sure your base coat is COMPLETELY dry before you stick any tape on your nails
  • Using a dotting tool can make it easier to keep polish from spilling into other sections, especially if the gap is small (I didn't do that here, but I wish I had)
  • After painting over the tape, remove the tape quickly before the polish dries, otherwise you will remove the polish too and make a right old mess.
  • Remove the pieces of tape in the reverse order of application to avoid tugging at different pieces and causing smudges. 
Do you like to use striping tape? Or are you steady enough to paint lines freehand?