Tuesday, 17 June 2014

NOTD: Roses & Polkadots

This is my first attempt at painting roses, so they're not prefect but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. :)





I used:
  • Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Polish - Peppermint on my thumb and ring fingers
  • Nail Girls Nail Polish - Nude Pink (from the May LoveMeBeauty box) on the rest of my nails. The formula of this wasn't great, so I needed 3 coats.
  • 2 coats of Ciate - Snowglobe on my middle finger
  • Maybelline Color Sensational Nail Polish - Misty Rose to paint a vertical stripe on my little finger.
  • Primark Nail Art Pen - White to create tiny polka dots
To create the roses:
  • I used a dotting tool and the Nail Girls Nail Polish - Nude Pink to make 5 large roundish circles
  • I then used a fine paint brush dipped in Maybelline Color Sensational Nail Polish - Misty Rose to outline parts of the circle
  • I added extra detail using a lighter colour, this was the Model's Own Nail Art Pen - Pastel Pink (review here).

What do you think? Have you got a different way of painting pretty roses? :)