Monday, 16 June 2014

Review: June Birchbox - Global Strikers Edition

The whole world has gone football mad, and to celebrate the World Cup Birchbox has released a box with the theme "Global Strikers" which contains the best beauty products from around the world.



This month, the products came packaged in this cute Brazil themed drawstring bag. I like these bags because they are so useful for organising and storing all the samples and products I own.



This is possibly one of the best boxes I have ever received, I like every product! This box was worth so much more than the £10 & £2.95P&P I paid!


Beauty Blender and Solid Blender Cleanser

£26 from Birchbox

This was the first thing I noticed when I opened the bag, and if this had been the only item in the box I still would have been happy. That's how excited I was to receive this!

The Beauty Blender is a soft, egg-shaped, edgeless sponge that is used when applying foundation to give a flawless finish. The edgeless shape was designed to prevent streaks. The thin, pointier end of the sponge is used to apply makeup in the nooks and crannies of your face. 

I can't wait to give this a try, and I'll be sure to post a review soon.




 The solid soap is used to clean the beauty blender afterwards, in between uses.

Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick - Rouge


 £9.90 from Birchbox

This lipstick not only looks great, it smells delicious too. One of the main ingredients is cherry oil, which gives this a gorgeous fruity scent. This a sheer lipstick, so it is perfect for giving just a pop of colour and brightening up your lips whilst feeling light like a lip balm. This lipstick contains omega 6 and omega 9 which are probably the ingredients responsible for making my lips feel silky smooth after use.



I love the smooth, shiny effect which makes my lips look really healthy. Also, because it is a sheer formula, you can apply on the go without having to worry about ending up looking like a clown!

Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre Nourishing Moisturiser

5ml sample worth £2.16. 30ml costs £12.99 from Birchbox

This nourishing, lightweight formula is suitable for use as an all over body moisturiser, to soothe shaved skin, as a base for makeup and to remove makeup. This is a tiny sample, but I'm looking forward to trying it because it is made with natural ingredients and claims to be suitable for all skin types.

Naobay Body Radiance Lotion

30ml sample worth £1.68. 250ml costs £14 from Birchbox

I haven't had chance to use it yet, but I can tell you the smell is lovely - a light zesty lemon.

Mini O.P.I Nail Polish - Brazil Collection - "Toucan Do It If You Try"

3.75ml sample worth £3. Full size costs £11.95 from Birchbox

First of all, I'm not entirely sure if that is the name of the colour because it doesn't say on the bottle, but from looking on the website, that seems to be the closest match. I love OPI polishes, so I am very happy to add this little beauty to my collection. I have been loving bright oranges recently, but I haven't got any shimmery oranges, so I'm looking forward to trying this out.

Lifestyle Extra - Brazil Inspired Flip Flop Keyring



This is a cute little memento to remember the World Cup by and adds a summery feel to any set of keys.

Overall, I absolutely adore the lipstick, am super excited about the beauty blender, love OPI polishes and am intrigued by the two moisturisers, so this has been a pretty great box in my opinion! The combined value of products is about £34.

If you love the look of these products and want to sign up to Birchbox please consider using my referral link as we will then both receive 50 points to spend in their online shop, which is equivalent to £5! :)

What did you think of this month's Birchbox? Did you like the theme?