Sunday, 1 June 2014

Review: May Birchbox

After a couple of disappointing Glossyboxes, I have switched my allegiance to Birchbox! And I am happy to say I was very pleased with the May collaboration with Harper's Bazaar. First of all I have to say, this is the prettiest box I have ever seen. Inside was a great mix of products; Benefit They're Real Mascara, Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Soigne Nail Polish, Aromatherapy Bath Oil and Beauty Protector Shampoo and Conditioner.





Benefit They're Real Mascara

 3g Sample. Worth £7. Full size: £19.50

"This jet-black formula adds both volume and length to all types of lashes."

This is my favourite mascara, it is the only one I have found that can lengthen and thicken by stubby little lashes without clumping, so I'm always happy to receive more of it!

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser


30ml Sample. Worth £4.50. Full size (100ml): £14

"Leaves skin perfectly cleansed and prepped. The muslin cloth and polish ensure a beautiful glow."

I was super excited to try this cult classic. From the first use I could understand why it has such an enthusiastic following. This removed all my makeup, including They're Real mascara which many of you will probably know can be a bit of a pain to remove, and left my skin feeling so beautifully soft afterwards.

Soigne Nail Lacquer - Persimmon

Full size. Worth £11

"Non-toxic polish in classically great great shades, this chic new polish brand is essential."

I hadn't heard of this brand until I found it in my box, but it does look pretty good. This was the most luxuriously packaged nail polish I have ever seen, so if the actual polish is half as good as the packaging I will be pleased. This is a beautiful bright colour that I'm sure will be used many times this summer!

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil


 Sample size: 3ml. Worth £2. Full size: 55ml for £39

"This invigorating blend of pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry will soften skin and uplift your mood."

Teeny tiny sample but since a full sized bottle is so expensive this is a good way to try it out before taking the plunge. This smells absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to use it in a nice, relaxing bubble bath.

Beauty Protector Shampoo and Conditioner

Sample size: 30ml each. Worth £1.80 each. Full size: £14

"The sulfate-free formulas strengthen, nourish and protect strands."

I haven't heard of this brand before, it seems to be a Birchbox exclusive. I like that they've included both a shampoo and conditioner to try.

Overall, this was a brilliant first box and I am definitely a Birchbox convert. This box was worth about £28 which is great value since it cost only £10 (plus P&P).

If you love the look of these products and want to sign up to Birchbox please consider using my referral link as we will then both receive 50 points to spend in their online shop, which is equivalent to £5! :)

What did you think of the May Birchbox?