Thursday, 12 June 2014

Review: You Beauty Discovery Box June

Beauty boxes are brilliant! They have introduced me to so many lovely brands I would have never thought to buy otherwise. Since the content of most beauty boxes is usually a surprise, sometimes I receive something I really, really don't like (orange eyeliner, I'm looking at you...). BUT, that is not a problem with the lovely little You Beauty Discovery box, because each month they send you a menu of items picked by their team and ask you to choose the two you'd like to receive. They do also include a couple of little treats, but they are generally items that will appeal to most people or a tasty snack.

Here's what I chose this month:







I had the choice of the following products:



 300 Trecento Revitalising Hair Treatment – Her Haircare 

75ml worth £14

"In just 300 seconds (5 minutes) natural plant extracts including Shea Butter, Olive and wheat protein penetrate the hair to rebuild, strengthen and moisturise from within. The Trecento Treatment creates a protective layer to restore resilience, strength and elasticity to minimise frizz, enhancing health and shine."

My hair is dyed, so it tends to get a bit dry and damaged, so if this can make it look healthier and stop breakages I will be a very happy and impressed girl. :)

 L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24h Lip Colour - Flawless Fuschia 



Worth £9.99

"A high concentration of pigments combined with Hyaluronic Gel to create an amplified colour that does not fade, bleed or transfer for an unbeatable finish and a renewed feeling of comfort. "

I love a nice, bright lip colour and had such high hopes for this, especially in terms of staying power since it's name contains the words "infallible" and "24hr". I love the highly pigmented colour, but the texture is awful! As you can see in the photo below, the formula leaves lock of patches and after a few minutes starts to crack and fall off. The lip balm is nice, but even it's mositurising powers cannot make the lip colour wearable.


Heart Shaped Expandable Face Cloth


This is a cute little extra that I will save for when I go on holiday as it so handy to pop in a travel bag.

Montagne Jeunesse - Dead Sea Mud Spa

1 sachet worth £1.49

This mask is part of the Clay Spa range which was created to make giving your skin a deep cleanse an easy and relaxing experience. The Dead Sea Mud mask feels cool and soothing when applied and removes any excess oil from your skin.

Altogether, the contents of the box is worth an amazing £26, nearly four times the amount I paid for the box. the lipgloss was disappointing but I am really excited about the hair treatment, so expect to see a review of that soon!

Have you tried the You Beauty Discovery Box?