Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Review: You Beauty Discovery CEW Limited Edition Box

You Beauty Discovery are currently offering the CEW Limited Edition Box for £16.95, a collection of the products which were picked as finalists in the Cosmetic Executive Women Awards, worth around £90. Inside there are some gorgeous luxury brands to be found including L'Occitane, Elemis and Manuka Doctor.


L'Occitane en Provence - Almond Milk Concentrate 


£11 for 50ml

"Rich in almond oil and almond milk, this body cream nourishes and softens the skin."

L'Occitane is a brand I adore, and if I had more money I would buy every single thing they sell. The texture of this cream is perfect; so light and silky that it melts into the skin quickly, providing hydration and giving a satin-soft feeling. As you can guess, it is almond scented, think delicious sweet marzipan.

Dr Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment Serum

£14.99 for 100ml

"Produced with the finest Moroccan Argan Oil, this sumptuous but light hair treatment is instantly absorbed into the hair, resulting in a silky smooth finish with brilliant shine."

I have been on the look out for a hair serum that will nourish and revive my hair since I started dying it blonde. I have heard lots of go things about argan oil, so I was looking forward to receiving this product. I have used it everyday since, and I can see a definite improvement in my hair. I only need one tiny pump of product to detangle my hair after washing and give a healthy shine, so this bottle will last a long, long time. I love the scent it leaves on my hair, it's a relaxing, warm mix of patchouli, cinnamon and moringa.

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer 

40ml sample worth £7. Full size: £28 for 150ml

 "Intensely moisturising Elasticizer delivers a rush of moisture to the hair’s cuticle; suppleness, elasticity and bounce appear instantly without weighing down or coating the hair."

I haven't tried this yet, but it sounds absolutely amazing, so I have very high hopes for it!

Manuka Doctor Mini Hero Kit

 RRP £12, but currently available for free (P&P £3.50) on Manuka Doctor site.

"A lightweight, oil free serum which provides relief to blemish prone skin, helping to refine the skin’s texture leaving it visibly clearer and calmer."

The kit includes:
  •  Rejuvenating Face Mask
  • ApiRefine Targeted Wrinkle Filler
  • ApiClear Skin Treatment Serum
The facemask claims to be able to banish blemishes and leave skin looking radiant, so I look forward to trying this. The Manuka Doctor products contain antibacterial Purified Bee Venom and the famous manuka honey, which are two ingredients I've never used so it will be exciting to see if they have the magical properties which they promise.


Glamglow Youth Mud Tingle Exfoliate Treatment

Sample size: 15g worth £15. Full size: 50g for £50

"The ultimate at-home mud treatment for immediate camera-ready super radiant skin"

Considering how expensive this face mask is, I am expecting impressive results. This mask is apparently suitable for all skin types and can give you flawless skin in 10 minutes. If you've tried it, let me know how well it works!

Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream

Sample size: 15ml worth £24. Full size: 50ml for £80

"This powerful anti-ageing cream provides a progressive lifting effect through increased collagen support."

Although I'm only 19 and not quite at the stage where I need wrinkle fillers and anti-aging cream, it's never too early to use products moisturise and hydrate your skin. Elemis is a brand that always receives rave reviews, so I can't wait to see what effect this cream has. The "marine" in the name is in reference to the marine algae which is a key ingredient.

Caudalie Divine Legs

Sachet worth £1. Full size: £26 for 100ml

"The beauty saviour that enhances your legs without sun exposure or self-tan by giving them a wonderful sunkissed look in double quick time."

I love that this tint gives the look of a golden tan, but can be easily washed off so you don't have to commit to a fake tan and risk ending up like a streaky Oompa Loompa. This is perfect if for a party, night our or occasion such as wedding when you'll be wearing a dress and want to make your legs look sunkissed and radiant.

Overall, this box definitely contains some really luxurious products and I can understand why each of them were finalists. My favourite product is the hair serum, this is something I can't see myself being without again ever. 

What do you think of this box?